What are the best ways to grow your online presence using social media? There are over 2.5 billion social media users. And that’s expected to grow to over 3 billion by 2021. The world’s population is estimated to be 7.6 billion. This translates to one-third of the world’s population being on social media.
That’s a fantastic arena for companies to market in, but that’s also a lot of noise you have to contend with. The best way to do to this is to pick the platforms that you can most effectively market on – quality is more important than quantity.
What platforms can you get the most out of? That’s going to differ per business depending on who your target audience is. Take a look at the below webinar to see the pros and cons of each platform. You need to be sure you’re putting your time and attention on the platforms that will be the best fit and deliver the best ROI for your brand.
Here’s a quick breakdown on social media platform demographics.
Grow Your Online Presence with Social Media
- 68% of Americans use Facebook. Only ½ of American teens use Facebook.
- 41% of American Facebook users are 65 are older. This has doubled since 2012 – when only about 20% of that age bracket used Facebook.
- The Facebook audience as a whole is only roughly 10% American.
- Americans spend roughly 58 minutes per day on Facebook.
- 30% of businesses marketing on Facebook feel that it offers the highest ROI for them concerning digital ads – for those that are using Facebook’s ad platform.
- The majority of users are accessing it on mobile.
- It has 326 million monthly active users – 67 million of those users are American
- 36% of Americans 18-29 use Twitter
- 85% of small and medium-sized businesses use Twitter to provide customer support – whereas nearly all larger brands have presences here for this reason.
- The conversation moves a lot faster on Twitter – there are on average 6,000 tweets per second – about 350,000 per minute.
- LinkedIn has 590 million users – but less than half of those are logging in each month to see if people are sending them messages or post content.
- 40% of those active users are logging on daily.
- There are over 9 billion content impressions every week – making this a great platform to still be seen on if you share content consistently – as only 3 million of those 260 million active users are sharing content weekly. That’s just barely over 1% of active users are sharing content.
- Over 1 billion people are using Instagram
- 20% of users are American
- 59% of users are under 30
- 42% earn over 75k a year
- 71% of American businesses use the platform
- 60% of users discover products on the platform
- 75% take action – that means that after looking at a brand’s post – 75% of users will make an action – like visiting a brand’s website, liking a post, following an account or click through to look at other posts.
- Instagram has an engagement rate higher than any other social platform with 2.2% – compared to Facebook with under a quarter of one percent.
Our CEO and Director of Strategy, Emma Loggins, recently did a webinar for the Greater Atlanta Chapter of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) for how to best define and execute a marketing and content strategy to grow your online presence and brand engagement. From how to best use social media to reach and engage with your target audience to discovering which social media platform will be the most successful for you and your business – Emma walks through proven strategies on the best way to optimize your brand’s online presence.
You can view a recording of the webinar here – View Webinar